- · When someone comes around with information about another person, quickly state to the individual with all respect that you desire not to know.
- · Avoid eating lunch or going out with someone who breathes of rumors and
loves to talk about others in a depraving manner.
- · If you are an inquisitive one, try to shift the focus off others and their lives and focus on your own.
- · Get into hobbies. Find something you love to do and dive yourself completely into it.
God HATES those who spread lies and those who make it their purpose to talk about others. Accordingly, the same ones who spread rumors have a major issue when the tables are turn and rumors are spread about them.
Here are a few powerful messages within the Bible:
- Proverbs 16:28 A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends.
- Psalm 101:5 Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly I will destroy. Whoever has a haughty look and an arrogant heart I will not endure.
- James 4:11 Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.